Updated Skincare: Skin79 & Eucerin Review

četrtek, oktober 25, 2012


A couple of months ago, I did a post on my skin care routine (click). I mentioned two products I had samples of that impressed me. I replaced the Saubär cleanser with Skin79's BB Cleanser and since I ran out of my beloved Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair serum, I bought Eucerin's Aquaporin Active Light moisturiser instead. 

I took a picture of the blurb on the back of the BB cleaner's packaging, so I won't go into details about it. Basically, it's a cleanser that starts to form oxygen bubbles after application. If I understand correctly from my Google research, the science behind the oxygen in products is that it kills bacteria. The cleanser comes in a quite big packaging (at least it seems a bit big for 100ml product) with a nice pump. I use three pumps of product and spread it evenly on my face, but avoid areas around the eyes and mouth. It starts off like a thick gel consistency which begins to foam in about 30 seconds. You can feel a slight tingle while the bubbles are forming. When the bubbles create a nice thick foam, I massage the product all over the face (also over the eyes and mouth. So far the product never got into my eyes, nor has it ever irritated them). The foam is really thick, similar to that of a shaving gel. I really like that part.


It's a nice cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin and I really like the thick foam it forms. It reminds me of L'Oreal's HappyDerm mousse cleanser that I love. It's a bit of a nuisance that you have to wait for the bubbles to form, still no biggie. But I don't notice my skin getting any better in terms of clarity, radiance and that sort of things. It is just a cleanser though. I don't expect miracles from it. I bought it on eBay from this seller (I ordered a few packages from them and they're really reliable). Click on the picture to read the blurb and ingredients.

When I ran out of Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair, I decided to get Eucerin Aquaporin Light to replace it. I had some samples before and I really loved it. It's so light, but super moisturising and sinks in really fast. It reminds me of Vichy's Aqualia Thermal serum except Aquaporin is thicker. It's the perfect base for make up, I much prefer it to the La Roche Posay Cicaplast. Really a lovely moisturiser. But I do miss EL ANR, though. 

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. So thats my new Skincare Routine using mostly Jurlique products and I'm very happy so far and highly recommend using their products! Especially to support local businesses - I'm all for supporting Australian Made and Owned!!
    acne no more book

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE