Product of the Week #4

četrtek, februar 21, 2013


I found this little gem, while searching for something else. I probably shouldn't put something that has been so long discontinued in my Product of the Week post, but it just enraptured me and brought back so many memories. I've been a L'occitane costumer for a long time and they had this amazing vanilla fragrance called Eau des Vanilliers. It is the best vanilla fragrance I ever smelled and I wore it throughout my high school years, all up to the point when they discontinued it. By the time I discovered it's not sold anymore, all the bottles were gone from the shelves and I couldn't buy one last bottle. 
I've completely forgotten that I have the solid perfume somewhere and I was so happy when I found it hidden in some drawer. I dab a small amount on my wrists and I keep sniffing them. It is such a comforting scent of oriental vanilla with some flowery notes (predominantly orchid). I wish they would still sell it, or at least do a LE with some of their discontinued products.

If you are familiar with L'Occitane and you shop there, you mostly likely noticed their tendency to discontinue products. I get the whole deal with their shops being small and they need to discontinue a line to make room for a new one. But do they have to stop selling all their best products? Apart from that vanilla fragrance, I also loved their Sweet Honey Lip Gloss (which was a LE, but one of the best lip glosses ever), Foaming Jelly Shower Gel (amazing honey scent), Honey Creamy Lip Balm, Lavender Matte Face Lotion (the best mattifier I ever used and didn't dry out the skin) and Red Rice Ultra Matte Face Fluid (similar to and a replacement for the Lavender one). I might be the only one that feels this way, but I just had to get this off my chest. Well, at least they still sell the Almond Shower Oil, which one of my favourite products ever.

Ok, enough with my lament. Do you have a favourite vanilla fragrance? 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Moj najljubši L'Occitanov izdelek je definitivno linija Amande:)

    Teja

    www.soulfishingblog.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Se strinjam :) Njihovo olje za tuširanje kupujem redno že od leta 2008.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE