Updated Night Routine

torek, marec 05, 2013

Since my skin became much drier in the winter months, I decided to do an updated skin care post about my night routine. It was quite bad for a while, my skin felt so tight and was flaky especially on the forehead, but I started using more oils and I can report that in the last weeks my skin got a lot better.

L'Occitane Honey Foaming Gel - I just got it about a week ago and I like it, especially because of the  gorgeous scent. I used the previous version of L'Occitane Honey Harvest Foaming Jelly a few years ago until they discontinued it and I can report that this is exactly the same, with the same gorgeous honey scent and jelly-gel texture. I still use Bioderma to take the makeup off, but I always wash my skin with a cleanser. I just want the feeling that my face is clean by rinsing everything off. This is quite gentle, though it does sting if it gets into eyes, but it doesn't dry out my skin. It contains some shea butter and honey.

Ombia Hyaluron Gel - I bought this because it has a high content of hyaluronic acid (2nd on the ingredients list), which seems to be all the rage as THE ingredient for hydrating skin. I've been using it for two months now and honestly, I don't notice any effects in terms of my skin being more moisturised. And yes, I know the theory behind hylaruonic acid and that it shouldn't be used by itself, but the fact is that my skin was still dry and flaky before I started using argan oil. I don't know, maybe I'm using it wrong or I should combine it with a different moisturiser. I'll still continue using it, I see it as an investment in the future of my skin.

Omnia Botanica Argan Oil - My saviour in the past month. It helps immensely with my dry and flaky skin, and works great in conjunction with Huile Prodigieuse. My skin feels a lot better and less dry after using for a month.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse - I've already wrote so much about it, but the short version is: I freaking love it. I've been using it every day since May 2011 and my skin has never felt so soft and has that natural radiance, basically it just looks healthy. I still need to combine it with something in winter, because it is a light dry oil and doesn't heal my flakes. 
Mavala Double-Lash - I got this way back in December because I wanted to strengthen my lashes. For the past year I lose about an eyelash a day and it doesn't matter if I'm wearing makeup or not. I've been using it religiously all December and January, I wore no eye makeup and was really gentle around the eyes, but this did nothing. My lashes are still falling out. Maybe I'm overreacting, because my lashes still look ok and maybe it's just my normal shedding cycle, I don't know, but I want it to stop. Because I had no results whatsoever, I stopped using it for a while, but I started using it again. Maybe I'll work this time, besides I don't want to just throw it away.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick - This is basically the best lip balm ever. It's a multi-purpose product, but I use it just for my lips. It leaves my lips so soft and the formula is so nice, not at all waxy like regular lip balms. I use this every night before I go to bed and I notice a massive difference if I forget to use it.

Tea tree oil - If I have a blemish, I use tea tree oil as a spot treatment. It's all right, but I won't lie, I still miss the discontinued Essence roll-on treatment. 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Jaz imam tudi ta Loccitane tuš gel, in sem prav tako oboževala medeno kolekcijo dokler je niso ukunili, ampak da bi ga pa na obrazu uporabila, mi pa nikoli ni padlo na pamet, se mi zdi preveč parfumiran. Ampak, če ti ustreza, kar.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Vonj je res božanski. Moja koža na srečo ni niti malo občutljiva in lahko uporabljam tudi zelo parfumirane stvari :)

      Izbriši
  2. Hi, if you are looking for something for your lashes maybe give a try to Night Grow Lash Serum by Dermacol. It really helped to strengthen my lashes, they grew by 2 mm or so and basically just looked better. For me it is a good product for a very good price, in fact I've just repurchased it. On the other hand my friend tried it as well and claims it did not help her. I guess it's individual just as about anything else...

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thanks for recommendation, I'll check into it :)

      Izbriši
  3. Poskusi ELF Zit Zapper. Meni pomaga, če si ga nanesem na bulico, ampak le takrat, kadar se je že prej ne spravim stiskati. =)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Gre na wishlisto :) Iz naših drogerij sem že skoraj vse imela, pa ni noben tako učinkovit kot od tisti od essence. Novi od njih je seveda zanič. Je pa tisti v roll-onu imel glikolno in ne salicilno kislino.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE