Mac Face & Body Foundation N1 and Mac Prep + Prime BB Cream Extra Light

torek, december 10, 2013

Apart from the lipstick samples, I also ordered two foundation/BB samples from The Body Needs. You get a 3 ml sample of the Face & Body Foundation in a small squeezy bottle for 2.99$ and the BB sample comes in a small plastic pot for 2.79$. There is a big selection of shades, but I don't know if those are all the shades available by Mac.

Mac Face & Body Foundation N1

Texture: This is the runniest foundation I tried and it feels very lightweight. It needs to be shaken before use otherwise it looks a bit separated. 

Coverage: This has a very light coverage. It's like a tinted moisturiser with a sheer to light coverage and it only evens out the skin, but doesn't cover circles, freckles, any prominent redness, blemish marks nor blemishes themselves. It is buildable, however, I find that not much. Layering gives a bit more coverage, yet nothing like a proper light to medium foundation, but still more than the Prep + Prime BB.

Finish: This is the most natural finish out all foundations I tried. It's skin-like and even if looking very closely you can't see you're wearing anything. The finish is the same as your base is, so for example if you used a mattifying lotion it's matte. Due to light texture it blends in seamlessly into the skin. 

Colour: N1 looks too dark and slightly orange for my pale skin, but since the coverage is so sheer it blends in ok giving me an hint of a natural tan effect. 

It's lovely foundation for a those who prefer sheer coverage and the no-makeup makeup look as it is undetectable on the skin. However, the lightest shade in the N range isn't exactly light.

I layered it a lot on the right picture:

Mac Prep + Prime BB Cream Extra Light

Texture: It's very similar to thick moisturisers. Despite the thickness, it's easy to apply but lacks the silicone feeling that most foundations have. It reminds me of home-made tinted moisturisers that I used to mix (one part foundation, one part moisturiser).

Coverage: It's very light, again like a tinted moisturiser. The coverage is similar to the Face & Body in a sense that it evens out the skin, but doesn't cover circles, freckles, any more prominent redness, blemish marks nor the blemishes themselves.

Finish: It's a bit dewy from the beginning, but then it sets to a satin/natural skin-like finish.

Colour: Extra light fits me ok, though it is a bit too warm for my neutral skin, but since the coverage is so light it blends into my skin nicely.

Another very light coverage product, but with a much thicker texture and an SPF 35. The moisturiser type texture makes it nice for dry skin. The colour fits me much better than the Face & Body, however, not as well as other BB's I own. 

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Sem pričakovala, da bo N1 zelo svetel. Šokirana:) A ni to najvetlejši odtenek v nevtralni kategoriji? Drugače pa res izgleda zelo naravno. Ampak ni po mojem okusu:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz tudi. Ja, to je najsvetleši in ni ravno svetel. Zame je tudi premalo prekriven :)

      Izbriši
  2. So convenient, all these samples! Especially for face make-up it's SO important to try first. I gotta look into this :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I agree, it's a great way to really trial a foundation. I wish there were more brands (and lower shipping costs) :)

      Izbriši
  3. Ojoj, meni se ne zdi ok, premalo je prekriven za moj okus in ful na oranžno vleče!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Saj se strinjam, da je premalo prekriven, ampak v živo ne izgleda tako oranžen, je pa pretemen :)

      Izbriši
  4. Hi!

    I have so fair skin and bobbi brown tinted moisturizer extra light tint is dark for my skin.. I have normal to dry skin. Should I buy mac bb cream? or what should I buy?

    Crocus xo

    www.crocusinsun.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. If extra light is too dark for you, it'll be the same case with MAC's BB. Dior's BB in 001 is actually very light and Missha's M Signature complete BB in #13 is even lighter. Both are good for normal to dry skin :)

      Izbriši
    2. Thank you for your answer you are so sweet ^.^ Actually bobbi brown tinted moisturizer running darker on my face :/ I use M signature #13 and I like ^.^ Dior is so expensive in my country :( Can I ask something another? What do you think about MAC tinted moisturizer in light? Does is worth it to buy?

      Crocus xo

      Izbriši
    3. Have you tried checking Dior's BB on Feel Unique? It might be cheaper. Mac's BB is ok, but I wasn't blown away by it, the coverage is just too weak and the texture too thick. I don't know of any other fair BBs. I can recommend you a foundation instead, Rimmel's Match Perfect in 010 Light Porcelain, it has light coverage and an SPF :)

      Izbriši
    4. I checked Feel Unique but I live in Turkey and we can't buy cosmetic products other countries.. Actually Bobbi brown tinted moisturizer running darker otherwise it's light... Some of face products oxidated on my face... That's why I asked how is mac bb cream, it isn't too dark on your skin such as mac face&body. I want my face but better :D I don't have any acnes or scars just want that healthy skin ^.^ and looking natural :) I don't like foundations I don't know why but all foundations look so fake on my skin :(

      Crocus xo

      Izbriši
    5. Well, as far as I can tell from swatches online BB Extra Fair and MAC's BB Extra Light are almost the same, since they are both a shade darker than Bourjois Healthy Mix 51 (that's the shade I wear). Mac's BB doesn't oxidize on me, but's it is a bit too dark.
      I know what you mean, I hate the look of foundation as well, but some foundations don't look at all fake on the skin, even compared to some BB's. Heathy Mix Serum is like that and Rimmel match prefection as well as Bourjois CC cream. These are foundations with light coverage.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE