Garnier Miracle Skin Cream

četrtek, junij 12, 2014


Miracle Skin Cream is one of the latest releases by Garnier and it's already been dubbed as the Origins VitaZing dupe. It's a day cream with SPF 20 that releases a sheer tint when applied on the skin, so it's like a tinted moisturiser kind of product. 
Right from the tube, it's a standard white cream with a light, Nivea Soft-like formula, which contains small beads that burst when the product is rubbed into the skin. The initial tint looks quite scarily orange on my porcelain complexion, however, it sheers out into a more natural looking tan colour. It gives my NC10-15 skin a much deeper colour/tan, so I'm closer to NC20-25 after application. It does look natural and not orange, but it must be blended in very well, otherwise a few orange patches might remain and particular attention needs to be paid to the edges of the face and hairline. It's also difficult to remove an orange patch that you might have missed when it sets. Due to my paleness I need to be careful that I use small amounts and thin layers at a time, so I don't end up with too much tint and therefore the appearance of a floating head because it's too tan for my body. The coverage it gives is minimal and it manages to just even out the skin, but it does make the skin look more perky and healthy. The finish it leaves is very natural and it gives the skin a bust of radiance without looking too shiny, however, without powder my T-zone tends to get oily through the day.
In general it does make the skin appear nicer when you wear it, mostly due to that evening out bit, but I noticed no particular long-term results after about a month of regular use.

The SPF 20 is enough for me on a daily basis and it protected my skin well so far, so I had no sunburns or new freckles appearing despite spending a lot of time in the sun. It has a strong citrusy-floral scent that I like. You can find ingredients here if you're interested.

I'm wearing it here with concealer under the eyes, on the tip of my nose and on the chin where I have some scarring left. I'm wearing Bourjois Pudre de Riz (which I loooove at the moment) over it and I have Revlon's Unapologetic on the lips. I hope you can see how some freckles still show through, I know I should have taken a better close up.

I bought mine in Müller for 11.99 € (where are the prices going?!).

It's a nice tinted moisturiser kind of product, though it's obviously not self adjusting like they claim since it has a slightly too warm and dark tint for my neutral skin (as if any product is capable of self adjusting. Give me a break). It's a product I wear when I want more colour on my face, especially when I use a self tanner on my body. I'd recommend it to those who aren't porcelain pale as me, but around NC20-30 (Healthy Mix 52 and up) because the shade will suit you perfectly in that case. Personally, I prefer the SunDance tinted sunscreen because the tint is lighter, more neutral and the formula is much easier to work with, but I still like using Miracle Skin Cream, though it takes more time and effort to blend it in to avoid orange patches. I'd say it a nice product for lazy make up days or warmer months since it just evens out the skin, however, it also works as a base for foundation.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Tole izgleda pa zanimivo... A si mogoče sprobala tisto od L'Oreala, ki naj bi bila tudi 'self-adjusting'? Nude Magique BB cream? Sem iskala Fair po naših drogerijah, pa imajo samo light pa medium, mislim pa da sem Fair videla v Lecrecu... Ne vem ali bi zdaj sprobala tole od Garnier-a ali tisto od L'Oreala. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. L'Orealovo ima sestrična in ji je zelo všeč, meni pa se je zdela preveč izsušujoča. Kateri odtenek sem sprobala se pa ne spomnim. Garnierjeva se mi zdi dobra za večino tipov kože, L'Orelova pa je bolj za mastno :)

      Izbriši
  2. To glede cene je pa res, malo preveč mi je za Garnjerjevo kremo. No meni se ne zdi nič posebnega, še kar me spominja na Lorealovo. Po barvi in vsem drugem- konćnem rezultatu pa na Soraya BB kremico.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ja, Garnier je bil vedno neke zmerne cene, tole je pa že L'Oreal rang. Saj Garnier je firma od L'Oreala, tako da ni čudno da sta si podobni, čeprav Miracle Cream je boljša za suho kožo :)

      Izbriši
  3. Aha, to je v bistvu CC krema? Tako nekako izgledajo in delujejo.. in vse po vrsti so kar malo oranžne.. sploh na nas, belokožcih. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. CC kreme imajo po mojih izkušnjah večjo prekrivnost, tale jo ima pa zelo malo :)

      Izbriši
  4. Yeah, I'm always skeptical too about products that claim to 'magically adjust to your skin'. Thanks for the review.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It does sound like they thingk consumers have no brain, doesn't it :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE