Mac's Impassioned Dupe? Bright Coral-pink Lipsticks Comparison

sreda, junij 11, 2014

Bright pink lip colours with warm coral tones are some of my favourites, especially in the hot summer months. These watermelon-fuchsia shades, as I like to call them, are fun statement shades that get you noticed. I have a few variations of such lip colour and only two of them I'd describe as dupes.  

(matte)
Just like me to start with the odd one out. Matt About Pink is in the bright coral-pink family except it's lighter and more of a bright peachy-pink. This shade's matte formula is not ideal due to the lack of smoothness which can result in an uneven application, though it's not impossible to apply it nicely. It's one of my favourite and most worn shades in my collection. 

(cream)
This shade as well as the rest of the Vivids range are much loved in the beauty community. A bright statement shade, it's the pinkest choice in the bunch since the coral tones in it are much more subdued that in the rest. The formula is lovely with a superb pigmentation and a comfortable creamy finish. Though, I have to say that it's not one of my favourites because even though it's a stunning colour in the tube, it somehow manages to look a bit off on my skin tone, so I prefer other more coral choices.

(glossy shine)
Old formula. The new version is in the Ultimate Colour range with a creamy finish called 320 Kiss Kiss Hibiscus
I have the old shine formula that is one of the most sensitive formulas to heat I've ever tried and it melts so fast, which you can surmise from the state of my lipstick. It's a super bright watermelon shade with a glossy finish that is very similar to Impassioned with the finish being the most obvious difference. I'm not a fan of the glossiness which also means the staying power is not the best, but I do love the colour. 

(creamy matte)
My most recent addition to my lipstick collection and the subject of my latest review. On my lips it's pretty much an exact dupe for Impassioned in terms of colour and finish. It's a lipstick in a twist-up pen with an easy-to-work-with superbly pigmented creamy matte formula. Staying power is not its forte, but it's one of the easiest bright lip products to reapply, so it would be my choice to carry in a bag on the go.

(amplified creme)
MAC describes it as bright fuchsia, but in my opinion it's too coral for a fuchsia and I'd call it a bright watermelon fuchsia. It has a creamy, comfortable formula and it is all in all a wonderful lipstick to work with. MAC lipsticks are expensive, particularly in Europe, but they are worth it. I have the sample size from The Body Needs.

(retro matte)
Another bright coral-pink but with stronger red tones and a gorgeous matte finish. This is my favourite lipstick currently both in terms of colour and finish, though the formula is dry. I think this shade looks best on me and it's a lipstick I'd love to have in full size.

(cream)
The darkest in the bunch and my first bright shade that I bought years ago. Passion is a fuchsia shade that is leaning to rose and is not as bright as the rest. The formula is a very lightweight creamy one that is easy to apply and feels comfortable to wear, however, it's my least favourite due to how it starts to look after a while. The light formula migrates on the lips and it creates darker ridges giving an appearance of wrinkly lips, however, it's the most affordable in my selection, so it's probably not that surprising that the formula isn't the best. Just as Revlon's matte balm, it has a minty scent.

Unapologetic looks a bit more coral toned swatched on the skin compared to Impassioned, however, on my lips I honestly see no visible difference. I'll go as far to say it's a 99.99% dupe on me in terms of colour and formula.

The next closest one is Catrice's Kiss Kiss Hibiskus with exception of the glossy formula, however, since this version is discontinued and I don't own the new creamy version, I can't say for sure it's as similar as well. Relentlessly Red has a matte finish, is deeper and leans more towards red on the lips. Beauty UK's Passion is darker, less bright and more rose toned. Maybelline's Shocking Coral is lighter and less coral. Catrice's Matt About Pink is matte, lighter and peachier.

You can see all the lipsticks I've ever swatched in my swatch gallery which is regular updated for more comparisons. 

Are you a fan of such shades?
Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Meni pa so bolj všeč tisti coral odtenki, ki vlečejo na oranžno bolj:) Sem prepričana, da ti vsi odtenki zelo pristajajo. Meni najljubpi od teh - MAC Relentlessly red:) Res odličen dupe, sploh ne opazim razlike:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni so tudi tisti lepi - Bourjois 11 Fraise Remix, Lancome Rose Boudoir, Mac Full Speed - vse so lepe :)
      Relentlessly Red je res krasna in zdi se mi tudi najbolj unikatna že zaradi mat finiša :)

      Izbriši
  2. omg, yeeees! vidim da teoretično ne rabim Unapologetic in Impassioned ker imam Catrice in Maybelline. Ali?? :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Si mi dala dobro inspiracijo za post, thanks :D
      Če imaš Kiss Kiss Hibiscus in ti je všeč gloss finish, potem ju ne rabiš :). Shocking Coral se mi zdi pa dosti drugačna na ustnicah, ker je svetlejša in manj koralna. Honestly, jaz bi na tvojem mestu vseeno eno vzela, čeprav teoretično ne rabiš nobene :P

      Izbriši
  3. I do like this kind of shades though I sometimes find them difficult to pull off, not sure why haha
    Loving the new layout by the way! =)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Shocking Coral is the only one I find difficult to pull off, but I love the rest on me :)
      Thank you :)

      Izbriši
  4. Jej, sem se zelo razveselila te objave! :)) Jaz sem nora na take odtenke šmink in vedno se mi zdi, da noben odtenek ni podoben prejšnjemu, zato se mi taki roza odtenki kar nabirajo in nabirajo. :P
    Me po tej tvoji objavi zelo mikajo še Revlonova, Catricova in MAC-ova Relentlessly red. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Me veseli da ti je všeč :) Yup, jaz isto delam (obviously, drugače ne bi imela materjala za ta post :))

      Izbriši
  5. Mislim, da bom kr Unapologetic vzela namesto Impassioned, pa Relentlessly red definitivno rabim...Sploh ne vem kako je mogoče, da še nisem nikjer zasledila tega odtenka :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Se strinjam s tvojo izbiro, čeprav je Impasioned mogoče malo bolj kvalitetna. Relentlessly Red ti pa zelo priporočam :)

      Izbriši
  6. oh wow! Mac and Revlon are the same, really good match!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Moram sprobat že enkrat tele Revlonove 'svinčnike'... mogoče bom ravno ta odtenek vzela. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Super objava, se mi zdi da nujno rabim tole Revlonovo šminko :))
    vabim te tudi,da si ogledaš moj blog:) http://lookbeyondbeauty.wordpress.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. These are ALL gorgeous! But thank you so much for lining up all these dupes :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Koralne su odlične i meni najdraze :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. CATRICE Matt About Pink stands out for me.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ MAC Philippines

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE