Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm 210 Unapologetic

ponedeljek, junij 09, 2014

I was terribly excited when I first heard that Revlon is launching a matte version of their pencils and I patiently awaited their arrival in our neck of the woods. Swatches were popping up all over and Unapologetic caught my eye, so I had my mind set on getting only this shade, however, when they arrived in our drugstores, a very limited shade range was offered with my chosen shade missing. You know what happens in that case - I take my money elsewhere and this time it was Boots international where I even got this one for "free" since it was a part of the 3 for 2 offer. As soon as I opened the box, the pretty bright coral-pink pencil appealed to me.

Texture and finish: It's a very smooth and creamy matte lipstick that glides on the lips with ease.  The application is very comfortable and fast due to the shape. The finish is not completely matte, it's more of a creamy-matte, which will appeal to those who usually find matte lipsticks too drying.


Shade and pigmentation: It's a bright, coral-toned pink, though, it's a strange shade on me, since on my lips it can look either warm or cool toned. I think it screams summer. It's very easy to get full opacity and it mostly takes just one swipe.


Staying power: I was disappointed by the staying power of this product. Most matte lip products I've tried are some of the most long lasting products, but due to the creaminess this one wipes off so easily that it doesn't survive eating or drinking and it fades completely by itself in about 3-4 hours. At around 2 hour mark I already feel the need to reapply because it's too faded. It also doesn't wear off evenly and leaves a ring of colour. Having said that, it one of the easiest bright shades to reapply due to the shape and creaminess.


Packaging: A fat pencil with a twist-up mechanism. It's easy to use and apply precisely, however, I have a feeling that when the tip gets blunt, it'll be much harder to get a crisp line.

Scent: A strong minty scent upon application and it has a slight cooling effect on the lips.

Price and availability: I got mine on Boots international website because our drusgtores don't carry this shade. It was £7.99, here Colorburst mattes costs about 10€.

It's not amazing, but still a nice drugstore lipstick-pencil, especially for those who like matte finish and wish to avoid the unpleasant dryness. The colour is cute, in my opinion the cutest in the Colorburst matte bunch, however, I actually prefer MAC's Relentlessly Red when it comes to these bright pink-coral shades. It's a nice shade to wear in the warm part of the year and it feels very comfortable on the lips.

 Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. ooo, to je pa tale, o katerem si govorila na moji 'may favourites' objavi. :)
    pa je res ful lep odtenek, čisto po moje okusu. :) torej tale odtenek pri nas sploh ni na voljo? :/

    pa zelo, zelo lepo ti paše! :))

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Sem pisala o njem prej v New In objavi, aha :) Res je lep odtenek, ampak ga ni pri nas, ne vem iz kakšnega razloga. Če nimaš možnosti naročat iz tujine, poglej od Catrice Kiss, Kiss Hibiskus, se mi zdi da je podoben :)

      Hvala :)

      Izbriši
  2. Tega imam na wish list joj, nehaj dražit :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Vedno ko pogledam na tvojo stran imam nekaj na WL, ravno danes sem si šla po Garnier piling.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Upam, da boš zadovoljna z njim. Meni je krasen :)

      Izbriši
  4. God I love this color! <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Oh, sem upala da boš dala primerjavo z drugimi barvami :( Čemu je najbolj podobna? Mogoče jo bom vzela ampak nočem istih barv, Catrice Kiss Kiss pa ne bom nosila z mano ker bi se itak stalila :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Se mi zdi najbolj podobna Macovi Impassioned. Lahko brez problema naredim še primerjavo s podobnimi odtenki in jo dodam v objavo :) Je pa primerjava tudi na swatch gallery :)

      Izbriši
  6. Zelo lep odtenek:) Meni je všeč ta formula, če praviš, da ni popolna mat:) Mi pa svinčniki mogoče niso tako priročni kot šminke. Žal me noben odtenek v trgovini ni prepričal.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ne, ni popolnoma mat npr. tako kot Bourjoisovi Velvets :). Meni tudi svinčniki niso tako všeč kot šminke, ampak tale se mi zdi pa dober za nanašat. Se strinjam glede izbora odtenkov pri nas, bolj kot ne brezvezen z izjemo Elusive za vsakdanji odtenek, ker je podoben Macovi Please Me :)

      Izbriši
  7. Tudi jaz sem komaj čakala, da pridejo k nam ravno zaradi tega odtenka. Oh, well.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE