Kiko Velvet Mat Lipstick 612 Strawberry Pink

sreda, maj 20, 2015


I placed my Kiko order not long after I found Bourjois's Nude-ist, which was an experimental shade for me and it turned out to be fantastic. I wanted to further expand my collection by get off the beaten tracks once again and in the immense amount of Kiko's lipsticks in different shades as well as formulas, I decided on a medium natural shade called Strawberry Pink from the Velvet Mat range. For the longest time I wasn't sure about this shade on me, but yesterday I put it on and though: "Hey, I think I finally actually like it".


Strawberry Pink is a warm medium natural pink-rose-brown shade that is several shades darker than my lips as well as a bit warmer, so I don't think I can pull it off as a my-lip-but-better-shade, instead it's more of a deeper version of a nude lipstick on me. It has a tiny bit of a gold shimmer, but it's not visible on the lips.


The formula is light and creamy, also not matte. The finish it gives is that of a classic creamy lipstick, so don't be fooled by the name. Because it's a light formula, there are occasions when I find this shade a bit tight on the lips, especially after a prolonged wear, but in the first hours after application it's very comfortable to wear.


I don't know why it looks like it settled into every line on all full face pictures I took, but in real life it does not look like that.

Staying power is average and I mean average for a creamy lipstick, not a matte one. It lasts perhaps four or so hours, it depends on how much you talk, eat, drink or touch your lips. When you eat it leaves a ring of colour, so it needs to be reapplied.


The packaging is just awesome to me. You need to press the bottom part, so the lipstick pops out, which is so cool. The peach outer layer has a holographic shine, while inside it's a mix of gold and silver colour, which obviously gather fingerprints like crazy as you can see from the pictures.

The lipstick has a sweet vanilla scent.

It took more than two months for this shade to grow on me, but I think I finally like it. I don't see myself wearing as often as Nude-ist, though. This would be a lovely nude on medium skin tones, especially if you have a warm skin tone. The description of the formula is very deceiving just to warn you and also if you tend to have dry lips, this might make them feel tight, despite the creamy texture.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Tale zlat odsev mi je čist hud :D Ti lepo paše ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Zelo lep odtenek. Taki umazani odtenki so še meni všeč:). Mislim da ti ekstremno paše:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Je pa odtenek, ki ga je zelo težko slikat :)

      Izbriši
  3. Čudovit odtenek, ki ti zelo lepo paše :) Pa tudi pakiranje je čudovito!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Embalaža je pa tako zabavna za odpirat. Se počutim kot kakšen secret agent :D

      Izbriši
  4. Super odtenek :) Imam isto šminko, vendar drug odtenek, 614 Dark Berry,embalaža je top, sploh glede na celotno kvaliteto ter ceno izdelka, precej luksuzno :) Zelo ti pristaja tale odtenek :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Sandra ima isti odtenek kot ti in mislim, da ga je celo zaradi tvoje ocene vzela :) Hvala :)

      Izbriši
  5. jaaa, to je to kar me moti! Ful postane suha z časom, na koncu so moje ustnice izgledale kot rozina haha :D Škoda, ker odtenek je res čudovit in hkrati obstane na ustnicah zelo dolgo časa :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Res je malo čudna. Najprej se tako udobno počutiš s kremno šminko, potem ti pa po parih urah zarine nož v hrbet ko kar na enkrat začne zategovat, jaz pa seveda balzamov za ustnice sploh ne nosim sabo :D

      Izbriši
  6. This shade is actually very pretty and it look good on you as well :) xoxo

    Check me out: http://naturallymarcela.blogspot.com/2015/05/haloze-d.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Meni pa niti malo ni izsušujoča ta formula, si morem pa definitivno zapisat ta odtenek, ker je prekrasen :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Imaš srečo :) Meni se to ne zgodi vedno, ampak je nadležno :)

      Izbriši
  8. I agree, in the face shot it doesn't look great. Makes your lips look dry and wrinkly. But I do like the shade.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I have no idea why my camera picked it as such :/ It didn't look bad in RL :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE