Catrice Absolute Nude and Rose Eyeshadow Palettes

sreda, julij 29, 2015


You may have already heard the news (or even seen it among new things in the drugstore) that Catrice released a new chocolate inspired palette, which unsurprisingly is also very high on my wishlist. The news of that palette made me think of other such palettes by Catrice, namely the Absolute Nude and Absolute Rose versions, since I already have the Absolute Matt palette. I am a huge fan of the latter and I think it's probably the best such palette in the drugstores here. Absolute Nude was the one that started the whole line and I'm kicking myself for not picking it up earlier because it's such a lovely palette, while the Rose one is from the spring revamp and I heard mixed opinions about it, ranging from it's terrible to it's amazing. I find a bit repetitive, but worth the purchase. 


CATRICE Absolute Nude Eyeshadow Palette
010 All Nude

Absolute Nude contains a collection of neutral eyeshadows, ranging from light to dark and all are shimmery or with a satin finish (just the last one), but I love especially the medium shades, as they are great one-wash colours. I like that there is also a variety of hues - gold, rosy, bronze and deep taupe. 


The first shade is a very shimmery light gold-beige and its best use is as an inner corner highlight. The second is a neutral shimmery shade with a rosy hue and it might be similar to All that Glitters by Mac. Third is a classic medium brown shade, similar to YDK from Urban Decay, only a bit more rosy and it's my favourite in the palette. The forth is a old gold-brown shade that reminds me of Patina by Mac, except it's more brown. The last two are cool toned browns that look very similar on the eyes, but the fifth shade is a bit lighter and not as cool as the sixth.


CATRICE Absolute Rose Eyeshadow Palette
010 Frankie Rose to Hollywood



The rosy-purple theme is obvious in this palette and it definitely drew inspiration from the popular Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette. I don't own any such shades from before, as my collection mostly consists of warm bronze and taupe eyeshadows, so this was a great way to expand my shade range. The one thing I'm not too happy about is the variety of shades. Two pairs of colours look the same on my eyes, so the selection of available colours is reduced to four. 



First two shades are light as well as sheer, so there isn't much difference between them on the eyes. The first one is a light pink with a satin finish and the second one is a bit darker pink again with a satin finish. The next two shades also appear almost identical when swatched, the only difference is that one is cooler medium rosy brown and the other a warmer version of this colour, but on the eyes there is no difference as far as I'm concerned. The fourth shade is a matte medium taupe shade, which has a slight purple hue, and it's brilliant. It's so soft, creamy and pigmented that it's almost like a cream eyeshadow. The last shade is a deep warm purple with red shimmer, which was probably inspired by Mac's Beauty Marked. It's nicely pigmented, but it doesn't actually look purple on the eyes, instead it's more like deep brown with red shimmer.


The quality of the eyeshadows is nice as far as I'm concerned. They of course don't feel as silky and aren't as pigmented as Urban Decay's for example, but they are nice enough, especially for the price. However, I think that the Matt version is far superior in terms of quality to both of these. Absolute Rose palette is less pigmented on a whole, but that taupe shade is such a pleasant surprise. It seems that Catrice knows how to make excellent matte eyeshadows, while the rest leave some room for improvement. I like the quality of the Rose palette, but I miss variety. I've been wearing Nude version a lot more because I find that such shades suit me more that rosy colours. I mostly wear that medium brown YDK-ish shade with the darkest cool brown, but I really miss a matte base shade, like the first one in the Rose palette. I can't report anything significant about the staying power of either of these. They last well enough for me and I don't expect them to last all day. These also don't crease on me.


These cost 5.29 € and I got both of them in Müller. I can't wait for the chocolate version.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. ''the Matt version is far superior in terms of quality to both of these'' ...You'll make me buy that one too, dammit Mateja! :D
    Je pa meni pri Absolute Nude tretji odtenek tudi najljubši, Rose verzija me pa ne prepriča, verjetno zato ker že imam Naked 3, ki mi je itak zakon :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Kaj je še nimaš? Itak, da jo rabiš :D (I'm the worst). Ampak resno se mi zdi boljša kot ti dve. Catrice ve kako se dela dobra mat senčila :)

      Izbriši
  2. Odgovori
    1. I love the colours, but I don't think it suits me as well as my usual taupe and bronze shades. Maybe I'm just not used to it :)

      Izbriši
  3. I love the all nude palette, it's so universal, easy to use, so long lasting compared to other shadows, they don;t crease after more than 12 hour wear with same base compared to other shadows. And they're kind of finely milled and idk, first 3 shades are almost used up and working on the darker end, I'd even repurchase.
    Btw, love your blog, it's one of my few favorite ^^

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm a fan of the shade range in the Nude palette :) Why I never looked at it closely until last month is beyond me :D

      Thank you <3

      Izbriši
  4. Imam mat verzijo in sem jo šele pred katkim sploh začela uporabljat (shame on me). Ugotovila sem, zakaj mi ni všeč. Ker so skoraj vsi odtenki s hladnim podtonom. Če bi bila toplejša mat verzija bi jo takoj kupila! :) Kvaliteta pa je res presenetljivo dobra za tako ceno. Chocolate se mi zdi čisto po mojem okusu, ampak je ne smem kupit! Imam preveč takih palet z nevtralnimi odtenki :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yup, matt je hladna paletka. Samo četrti odtenek je še kar topel. Ampak meni zelo ustreza in kvaliteta je odlična :)

      Jaz pa itak nimam toliko senčil, tako da si jo bom kar privoščila :D

      Izbriši
  5. Vidiš, mene pa ne tako prepričajo, so mi čisto povprečne.
    Zmaga mi MR "čokolada"....mi ima boljšo pigmentacijo in veliko bolj mazljive odtenke.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni so na splošno senčila od Catrice zelo dobra :) Za to čokoladno paletko povsod berem samo odlične ocene in jo imam že dolgo na wishlisti, pa vsakič ko se jo spravim kupit ni na zalogi. Ampak te MR paletke, ki sem jih preizkusila do zdaj so mi pa veliko slabše kvalitete kot od Catrice.

      Izbriši
  6. They are a bit more expensive here but still affordable compared to other brands... And I agree, they really do seem good.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I think these are the second cheapest palettes where I live, Essence is of course cheaper :). But if you look at the price per eyeshadow than Makeup Revolution and Sleek win this battle, but those palette are more expensive here than elsewhere.

      Izbriši
  7. Imam vse tri in sem sprva največ uporabljala Nude, ampak potem ko je ven prišla Matt je bila Nude skoraj pozabljena. Rose mi ima ful lepe odtenke, ampak je ne uporabljam tako pogosto. Se strinjam da so senčke dobre glede na ceno :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz imam Matt vedno nekje blizu, ker jo ogromno uporabljam za neko osnovno senčenje, torej za poglabljanje pregiba in pa temnejšo rjavo imam za zunanje kotičke. To paletko in UD-jeve Basic uporabljam skoraj pri vsakem mejkapu :)

      Izbriši
  8. Oh wow! I love the rose gold colours in the first palette!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Sama imam samo matt verzijo in moram reči da sem več kot zadovoljna z njo :) Je moja go-to paletka vsakič ko potrebujem kakšno matt rjavo senčko :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Enako :) Odlična je in kvaliteta se mi zdi boljša kot pri teh dveh :)

      Izbriši
  10. I love love love the Rosy version, but it's all about skintone, I guess. I already did two posts with lots of looks/eyemakeups concering the rosy and the nude palette on my blog :) I must say that the matte one is really special for a drugstore palette and I love it as you do. In fact, I'm used to mix the nice mauve-shade from the rosey one with the other matte shades from the matte on.. They are so neutral and so tiny and yet so.. good. Pretty good ;-D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes, rosy tones suit you so well :) I mix the palettes as well and I almost always use the matte one :)

      Izbriši
  11. Danes sem dobila čokoladno Catrice paletko (zelo razočarana :(( ) in sem se spomnila na tale post...Odlična ocena, prekrasne fotografije, všeč mi je, da si ocenila vse tri :D Sama si želim še matt verzijo, vendar imam že MR Flawless Matte in je verjetno ne potrebujem :P ampak je tvoje navdušenje nad njo zelo nalezljivo :P

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Tudi jaz sem razočarana na čokoladno paletko :( Sem že nekaj omenjala na Instagramu, imam pa pripravljeno New in objavo, ki jo bom objavila v soboto in je ta paletka v njej. Enostavno ni enako kvalitetna kot te prejšnje :/ Barve so mi pa tako lepe. Matt verzija je še vedno najboljša, res je odlična, ampak če imaš že podobne odtenke, se upri mojemu navduševanju nad njo :D

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE