Empties #15

petek, julij 17, 2015


This is an illuminating concealer, so it doesn't conceal in a regular way of adding coverage, but instead it has these light reflecting particles that brighten the skin. It's subtle, but it does work and helps counteract shadows. It's really expensive for the quantity you get and I actually didn't even use it that often, instead I saved it only for special occasions, but it ran out so fast.
Repurchase: Yes.


I love this, truly, but there is this one little thing - it breaks me out. It's a wonderful cleansing oil that removes makeup well and it's not too expensive, plus it also smells absolutely divine to me. I ended up using it as a shaving oil and it worked so great, especially because it emulsifies when water is added and washes off completely (so no greasy razors). This orange version isn't sold here, instead there is a gold version sold in Műller.
Repurchase: I would, purely for the scent.

Waterproof makeup remover
Hated this, apart from the packaging. It's not effective enough and felt odd around the eyes (and nothing ever irritates my eyes or skin). I was glad when I finished this and I had to really hold back to not just throw it away.
Repurchase: No.

CADEA VERA Hautverfeinernde Clear-up Strips
These are one of those nose strips that pull the blackheads out of your skin and they were ok. They worked decently, but weren't miraculous. I like that there is quite a few of them in one pack.
Repurchase: I'll try something else first, but maybe.


I adore this. I always rave about that Kérastase mask, well, this is the second treatment that I treasure just as much. While Kérastase one does the whole deal, this is the product that excels at nourishment. When my hair is super dry, coarse and drab, this works like magic in restoring it. 
Repurchase: Already did.

I had such high hopes for this. As someone who's been suffering from dandruff for years, I always wish that the next treatment will cure it, but unfortunately this one didn't work at all. I love Kérastase, it's my favourite hair brand, but this was a disappointment. It's a nice idea - a shampoo with exfoliating particles and an applicator with a nozzle that makes sure the product is deposited on the scalp, but it didn't manage to remove my dandruff nor cure it or prevent it. Baking soda mixed with any regular shampoo removes dandruff much more effective than this. It wasn't even a particularly nourishing shampoo, so this was an expensive fail.
Repurchase: No.


I've told this a few times before, but this is basically a dry shampoo for those who hate dry shampoos. It's not as effective as the real deal, but that doesn't matter to me as my hair pretty much never gets greasy and I just need something to refresh it and give it back some volume. It feels like a can of nicely smelling air, but it actually manages to give back a bit of volume without being an actual texturizing spray, so there is no powder residue or a hairspray feel. It sounds like it's nothing special and it really isn't, but for some reason I just really like this. By the way, it smells like raspberries.
Repurchase: Already did.

BALEA Trend It Up Dry Shampoo
Lovely Berries
This is a limited edition item, they basically just released a new scent of their regular dry shampoo. It was not my favourite as it was very white and it didn't really make my hair as fresh as Batiste. It's decent, but nothing special. The scent was of strawberry candy.
Repurchase: It was a LE, but I probably won't be buying a regular version.

A standard, but a lovely heat protectant. It's in a form of a silicone serum with small shimmer that actually makes your hair look more shiny. I liked it because I could use it on dry or wet hair and on dry hair, it also acted as a taming product. I don't find it heavy at all, but it is a thick serum, almost like Orofluido, so I can't be certain that it won't weight down thin hair, but when I used it on other people's hair, it always worked just fine. I also love the packaging with a pump. 
Repurchase: Yes.


A very liquid shower gel, but it still foamed ok. The scent was similar to Milka chocolate with strawberries, though this one had an artificial note in it, so it's not as good as the body butter's. I much prefer their new Orange and Rhubarb version.
Repurchase: No.

It's so ironic that they called it a cream because this is basically liquid and as such it's very difficult to use. It doesn't foam at all unless you use a mesh, but at least it smells nice - not exactly like honey, but it's a nice warm, sweet scent.
Repurchase: No.

REXONA Dry Deo Stick
Clear Aqua
My standard deodorant and the only one that actually didn't stop working before I had a chance to use it up. This was the first time I got Clear Aqua version and it smells like Nivea/just clean. I have the pink version now and I like the scent more.
Repurchase: Already did.


EBELINE Nagellack-Entferner
I just love these pot nail polish removers. This one is one of the cheapest one around here and I like that it's a bit shorter than Bourjois' as well as the foam is softer. There is a regular remover inside it, so there are no greasy fingers like at Bourjois', but this also means that it can be a bit drying. It also gets dirty far, far quicker, but I still like it.
Repurchase: Already did.

ESSENCE Studio Nails 4in1 Profi File
I don't fuss about my nails at all, so I just buy this nail file because it's cheapest and I'm used to it. It has four different textures that vary in roughness and it's good enough for me.
Repurchase: Already did.


Yves Rocher Hydra Végétal 24h Intense Hydrating Gel Cream
This is good. I compared it with L'Occitane's Pivoin Sublime Perfecting Creme side by side and they are similar in terms of that velvet finish they leave behind, though YR's is a bit greasier and doesn't feel quite as high quality as L'Occitane's, but for an average user they are very close. It's has a similar medium thickness consistency, it sinks in fast into the skin and leaves a velvet finish, but it's not as dry to the touch as L'Occitane's. This is a great base for makeup. As all YR stuff it smells so lovely - this one has a nice floral scent similar to lillies of the valey.
12.11 €, ingredients here.
Purchase: Yes. It's my favourite product out of these samples.

Yves Rocher Sebo Végétal Mattifying Gel Cream
The texture of this is a sort of a mix between a serum and lotion consistency that goes on quite wet/moisturising at first, but then after a minute it turns into a more satin-matte finish. It's not as good as L'Occitane versions of mattifying lotions because those contain either more or better powder particles and silicones. This one also contains alcohol on the fourth place, but I got no dry patches during the day, which is a good sign. The scent is great, just like freshly picked apples.
10.39 €, ingredients here.
Purchase: No.


Yves Rocher Nutritive Végétal Creamy Repair Mask
A super thick mask that is actually way thicker than Origins Drink Up or Balea Power Maske, but promises the same. It's like a very thick moisturiser that you're supposed to apply in a thick coat, leave for 5 minutes and then take the excess off with a cotton pad. I never do it like that, but I just apply a thicker coat and leave it on overnight. This product should work great for dry and dehydrated skin. The scent is strange - it has that fresh fruitiness like the rest of the product, but it's overshadowed by a stale, musky scent, so it's like walking into a cellar where the apples are kept.
 12.11 €, ingredients here.
Purchase: No. I might consider it if my skin was very dry and nothing else helped.

Yves Rocher Anti-Age Global Complete Anti-Aging Care Eye
A thick and very moisturising eye cream, which I'm surprised it comes in a tube since it's so thick, but I'm sure it works. It doesn't just sit on the skin, but most of it manages to sink in quite fast and it nourishes the under eye area well. It smells like margarine which is fine to me.
32.37 €, ingredients here.
Purchase: I really like it, but the price is too much for me.

Yves Rocher Sérum Végétal Wrinkles & Firmness Ultra-Plumping Serum
A light milky serum that sinks in fast, yet manages to hydrate the skin well even without any additional care afterwards. I had a few samples, but I could already see some positive effects on my skin, not in terms of wrinkles, but just in general of how my skin looks. It also works well as a base for makeup. It smells great - comfortingly professional, like walking into a salon. There is alcohol on the 8th place among the ingredients, but this is low enough for me and you can't smell it at all.
27.50 €, ingredients here.
Purchase: I would love to have it, but it's expensive.


Yves Rocher Sublime Skin BB Cream
Light
This is just a horrible BB cream. It reminds me so much of those cheap tinted moisturizers from 00's. It looks patchy/blotchy on the skin, no matter how much you try to blend it or what moisturiser you use under it. And when you start to blend it in more, it starts to flake off this little rolls. The coverage is really minimal, so it's not even worth putting it on. The only pleasant surprise is the shade. I just automatically assume that the lightest shade is ridiculously dark, but this one would easily fit someone who wears Healthy Mix 51 or NW 15-20. It's very pink toned, but I like that because it brightens up the skin a bit. It has that classic makeup scent which you'll recognize if you bought any makeup in the 90's.
15.92 €, ingredients here.
Purchase: No. 

Yves Rocher Serum Végétal Wrinkes & Lifting V Shaping Care
A very thick cream, similar in texture to the Creamy Repair Mask, however, it takes even more time to absorb. It's sits on the skin, so I would use this as a night moisturiser only, but it should be great for dry skin. It has a pleasant powdery YR-cream-like scent.
27.50 €, ingredients here.
Purchase: No. 


Yves Rocher Elixir 7.9 Youth Energy Day Care
A light moisturiser with a gel-lotion texture that sinks in fast and leaves a velvet finish on the skin. It's lighter than intense Hydra Végétal 24h Intense Hydrating Gel Cream, but has a very similar effect, except it's a bit more sticky after application. It has another one of those high-end-ish slightly fruity scent that reminds me of apples.
28.95 €, ingredients here.
Purchase: I liked it, but the Hydra Végétal cream is cheaper.

Yves Rocher Muguet en Fleurs eau de toilette
Lilly of the Valley
 Smells exactly like lilies of the valley. It's a great scent for spring, but it has such poor staying power. 
20.79 €
Purchase: No.

Yves Rocher Cerisier en Fleurs eau de toilette
Cherry Bloom
The cherry trees were blooming here when I tested this, but as far as our trees go, the blossoms have no scent. However, when I tried this, it was instantly recognizable as the cherry blossom scent. It's a very gentle floral cherry scent that I find so delightful, but the projection is minimal and so is the lasting power. I give it an A+ for the actual blend of notes, but a D for longevity and strength.
20.79 €
Purchase: No. 

In general I'm very impressed by Yves Rocher skin care. I've never tried their face creams before, but they feel so nice, they all smell lovely and just feel like they are expensive. Thanks to Katja for hooking me up with so many samples.

  
Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I never use up so much, I can't understand how you succeed in it! :) oh gosh, that Yves Rocher BB Cream sounds absolutely horrible!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I use up hair stuff pretty quickly because I have such long hair, so my empties fill up fast :) That BB really isn't my favourite.

      Izbriši
  2. O bog sem imela testerje in jih še imam od Yves Rocher BB Cream in si prav napisala grozna je, na meni je izgledala obupno, kr neka čudna barva, ki se sploh ne izenači z tenom moje polti, sem bila razočarana zelooo. Pa mi je drgače njihova znamka blizu.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Tale BB krema res ne deluje na moji koži :/ Ampak na splošno so mi njihove stvari všeč :)

      Izbriši
  3. Uau, si pa kar dosti porabila :) Beni se testerji ponavadi ful nabirajo, čeprav jih rada preizkušam - ampak nanje vedno pozabim na žalost.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz zelo rada preizkušam testerje in jih imam nekje nastavljene, da jih vidim, tako da jih porabim :) Par jih imam pa na različnih mestih kot emergency stash, npr. v denarnici :)

      Izbriši
  4. Meni je pa ful uredu BB kremca, edina poleg Misshe da mi je všeč :'D

    Kako je odvisno vse od kože :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Js pa jočem ker mi je bil tale Balein suhi šampon odličen :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Škoda, da nisem vedela, ker bi ti mojega poslala :D

      Izbriši
  6. Too bad the I LOVE… Honey Almond Nourishing Shower Cream has such an odd consistency because I think I'd love the smell!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I love honey scents, though this one isn't the most authentic one :)

      Izbriši
  7. Meni je bila ta Hydra Vegetal tudi všeč, dokler mi ni mozoljev povzročila...Ampak sem itak bila sama kriva, ker sem jo imela predolgo odprto :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni se zdi dobra alternativa za veliko dražji L'Occitanovi kremi iz potonikine in angelikine linije :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE