July Favourites

petek, julij 31, 2015


All hype about this foundation is so justified. This hides pores like nothing I ever tried, not even primers did such a great job. Obvious it doesn't look completely smooth like the skin was photoshopped, but it still makes such a huge difference for me. I'm seriously impressed. It's a foundation with a matte finish and it sets quickly, so you don't have a lot of time to work with it, but it gives medium coverage and doesn't look flat on the skin. The downside of this foundation is that it can cling to dry patches, so it's not for dry skin and I'm a bit worried how this will work for me in colder months, but for now this gets an A+ from me. I haven't done a proper review yet because I like to test foundations a bit longer, plus I mostly wore in only hot summer weather (for which I declare this a perfect foundation to use), but it should be up sometime in August. 

Since I've been self-tanning this month, I can finally wear the lightest shade of the Fit Me concealer. The fact that the lightest shade is so dark still makes me angry because this is an excellent concealer and I want to wear it more often. It's not as thick as Nars' Radiant Creamy Concealer or Collection's one, so combines a bit better with the L'Oreal foundation because it's lighter and more moisturising, therefore I'm not applying a matte on matte texture that can look cakey. I use it for both under the eyes as well as for spots and though the coverage is about medium, it can be built-up.


Even though this palette has been out for quite a while, I don't recall ever even checking it out on the Catrice stand, so now I feel ridiculous because this is such a lovely palette that definitely deserves attention. It contains a collection of neutral shades that are actually quite diverse, so you have golden tones, bronze ones and some deep taupes. I find that two shades are quite similar to more famous colours - one is close to YDK from Urban Decay and one isn't that far from Mac's Patina. Quality-wise it's not as amazing as the Absolute Matte one, but it's nonetheless a really good palette, especially for the price.

All I went to purchase was a cheap waterproof mascara that will serve as a back-up, but this is seriously good. I probably shouldn't include this here as it's being discontinued and I hear it's gone in most places, but maybe Essence has this fantastic waterproof formula in other mascaras. It's truly waterproof, I even went swimming with it and it survived so well. It also holds curl all day which makes it a complete winner for me. The brush is a bit rubbish, but you get used to it. I really hope the new waterproof mascara I <3 Extremes will have the same formula.


These are quite hyped up in the beauty community and I'm sad that they don't give me that amazing glow I've seen on other people, but this does give me at least a little bit of a healthy sheen on cheeks. I like to combine it with a creamy highlighter and this creates those lovely, fresh glowy cheeks. I have two shades from this line, Lavish Mauve is the other one and it's has a lot less shimmer than this one, but I also prefer Lovely Pink because of the shade. It's a nice classic warm pink that makes the cheeks look nicely flushed.


JEMMA KIDD Dewy Glow Radiance Creme 
Ice Gold
Another discontinued item, I'm so sorry, but I just loved it so much this month and wore it every day. It's a champagne creamy highlighter that gives an amazing glow to the cheeks. I love the texture and colour of this, and I really want to find a decent dupe for this one day.


I have a few variations of this shade and actually this one is very close to Impassioned by Mac, but I wore Unapologetic a lot in July because it's in pencil form, therefore it's so handy and you can apply it precisely. It's a bright pink coral that is a colour for the brave ones, but I think it's such a gorgeous summer shade. 
I also included this shade in my Summer Beauty post.

Last month it was Mac's Dangerous, but that is just a sample size, so I remembered that I have this lip cream that is pretty much exactly the same shade. It was a part of an old limited edition, but I really wish that Essence released this colour again because it's an excellent summer colour as it's a bright orange toned red that is close to Lady Danger. It might be because it's quite old, but it doesn't dry to a matte finish anymore, so I have to blot it with a tissue. I should probably find an alternative new matte shade.


Finally a drugstore brand launched an affordable and excellent self-tanning product for the face. This might be my all-time favourite such product as I find no fault in it. It's like a regular toner that you apply with a cotton pad, it's almost immediately dry to the touch, it's not sticky and I love that its effect is gradual because that means you easily get a very even tan (before and after is in my latest New In post). 
I have heard though from a few people that this burns on their skin. My skin isn't sensitive at all and I find this toner to be very gentle, but if your skin is sensitive, this might not work for you. I also hear that it's gone from most places, however, I still saw some bottles in my local DM, so maybe try checking more shops.

Who though that hair chalks are so fun. I always thought that only blondes can use them, so as a dark brunette I had little hope colour would show on my hair until I got this one. It's a LE, so I'm again teasing you, I'm sorry, but you might still find one somewhere (danes sem videla obe barvi v Tuš drogeriji Kranj). I showed in my New In post as well as on Instagram how well this shows on my hair and I just love it. I also love the method of application, so I really hope that Essence does a whole line of these in such a packaging because those that are just in a pan are so hard to apply (I bought two, a red and a blue since they were just a euro).


Granted I mostly wore Escada fragrances in this hot July, but even before it cooled down I had a hankering for this fragrance. Fame has one of the best honey notes I've ever smelled and I just love the fragrance as a whole. It's is a lovely blend of apricot, honey and flower notes, while the depth is created by the smokiness of the incense note.


Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Ahh this looks amazing!! The hair chair looks good too :)
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. If only that hair chalk wasn't a LE. I kind of feel guilty when I include products that you can't get any more, but I've still seen a couple of these here :).

      Izbriši
  2. Upam, da še najdem ta Sun Dance tonik v našem DMu, da vidim kako se bo na moji koži obnesel :)
    Je pa res škoda, da ti je FIT Me drugače pretemen, meni je res zakon, sem že drugega kupila :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ne vem kako obljuden je vaš DM, ampak v Ljubljani sem videla čisto izropane police s sončno kozmetiko:/ Pri nas smo veliko bolj založeni. Upam, da ga najdeš :)
      Ma res me moti, da ne obstaja kakšen svetlejši odtenek, pa lahko bi ga dejansko tudi začeli prodajat pri nas :/

      Izbriši
  3. That hair chalk looks so cool on you!! Wow! I'm always telling everyone about how I one day want do dye my hair green, and now I have a very quick solution to see if it actually would be good ^,^ Thanks for the tip!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I just love that hair chalk. Since I saw how cool this colour looks on me, I maybe kind of would like to have all my hair that colour, but not permanently :)
      If you can't find this one, Essence has the same colour in a pan form and it's being discontinued, so you have to hurry if you want it.

      Izbriši
  4. Ta Lorealov puder ze nekaj casa gledam...samo moram prej porabit stare zaloge. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Ze 2 tedna hodim gledat, ce bo Sun Dance tonik spet na zalogi pa je vedno vse totalno izropano :(
    Pa v Kranju si bla in nic povedala? :O #sadpanda :P

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. A sploh kaj restock-ajo Sun Dance? Ker meni se zdi, da samo zmanjkuje v vseh DM-ih :/
      Ja, tako na hitro sem bila včeraj, ampak nisem bila sama :)

      Izbriši
  6. Super favourites..ampak prvo so mi v oči padle polne petke - fuuul so hude! <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. So stare že nekaj let, ampak so bile kupljene v Princess Shop :)

      Izbriši
  7. Oh yes, I'm also a fan of the Lady Gaga fragrance! And ugh, Unapologetic is suuuuch a pretty color! Gotta say though, the MAX FACTOR Creme Puff Blush in Lovely Pink looks very nice too.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I think I'm gonna love this product. Can't wait to try them. Amazing collections!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Meni pa se ta puder rad lušči na delih kot so na primer obrvi oziroma se lovi med njih. Tako da razumem kako ni primeren za suhe predele. Finiš mi je še najbolj všeč. Mi pa res ni všeč odtetenek. Jaz bi rabila veliko bolj rumen podton :/. Essence maskara res odlično drži zavihanost. Upam, da pride boljša verzija :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz isto opažam pri lasišču, zato ga tam ne nanašam. Ampak mi je vseeno zelo všeč :) Ja, L'Oreal ne dela ravno najboljših odtenkov :/ Mogoče če ga poskusiš zmešat s kakšnim mat, rumenim pigmentom.

      Bom zagotovo preizkusila I <3 Extremes. Me res zanima če bo tudi tako dobra :)

      Izbriši
  10. Loved reading about your July favourites! I couldn't buy that concealer because I am so pale :( This is the case with many drugstore concealers, and I am never able to achieve that 'bright, white undereye' look using concealer! I have just purchased the Naked concealer from UD, eager to try it out now! Lovely post doll xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It's so hard to find a very pale drugstore concealer and one that's actually good. I've seen you found my review of NARS' Chantilly :) It's by far the lightest concealer I found and so worth investing in.

      If you need something very cheap and pale, Essence's Match 2 Cover in 10 has a super light shade in that duo, however, the coverage isn't the best, but it should work at least as a brightener over another concealer. You need to hurry to get it, as it's about to be discontinued.

      Izbriši
  11. It's a favourite indeed! Mateja, thanks for sharing this product. Can't really wait to try them. More power!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I love your favorites posts. Great choices and that Revlon matte balm looks lovely.

    http://themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Lorealov puder gre gotovo na seznam. Sem še zmeraj zadovoljna z Bourjoisom, ampak že nekaj časa želim preizkusiti še kaj drugega, sploh, ker Bourjois ni spot on za mojo kožo, kar se tiče prekrivnosti.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Prekrivnost se mi zdi nekje srednja, je pa res da jaz sem navajena delat zelo tanke sloje pudra, ker ne maram imet preveč na koži. Bom objavila before in after v oceni :) Drugače se ga pa splača vzet, ker je krasen puder :)

      Izbriši
  14. I am going to try the chalk from Essence, chalk method fascinate me. I only hope that chalks are available also in Slovakia otherwise I will be lost. I already tried chalk method with standard schools chalks, but the effect on hair was not visible, my hairs were dry and I did not see anything.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Try to find Arriba! TE in your drugstores, though Essence has other hair chalks, but they are about to be discontinued. I suggest you use a sticky hair spray or at least make the hair a little bit damp before applying these hair chalks, so they will stick on the hair and give you a much more intense effect :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE