theBalm Nude'tude Eyeshadow palette

torek, oktober 13, 2015


Recently Slovenes and Croats finally got theBalm in our drugstores (Müller specifically), which was an unexpected and a very lovely surprise. You may have seen my recent wishlist where I said I'd love to have the Mary-Lou Manizer, however, today I have a review of a different theBalm product - the Nude'Tude palette. I've really been enjoying using it and the quality of it is just as good as UD's Naked (which are my favourite eyeshadows), it's even a bit cheaper and I have to say, I like the colours more than in the original Naked.


There are twelve shades in this palette, all neutral, which is just my thing. I'm not loving the far left side of the palette that much, but I really like the rest. It's a nice mix of matte, satin and shimmery finishes. I think especially the satin eyeshadows are so incredibly lovely. Not all eyeshadows are impressive unfortunately, but the grand total is very much in favour of the fantastic eyeshadows. 


ROW1
Sassy is a shimmery white colour. I use it as a highlighter in the inner corner though Stand-Offish is actually better. It's nicely pigmented and in blends well. I'd swap it for a beige matte base colour or something like Virgin in the UD's Naked. 

Stubborn is a light pink-peachy shade. This was one of the colours that when I first opened the palette, I said to myself that there is no way it would look good on me. I was so wrong. Fortunately it is not actually as pink as indicated in the pan, instead it's very similar to the shade below, Stand-Offish, which is similar to one of my favourite eyeshadows, UD's Sin, but it's a less shimmery version and it's more of a satin finish. It just ends up looking like your natural lid colour, but better and the quality is so lovely.

Selfish is a shimmery taupe-brown. This is my type of shade and I adore it. It's in the same colour family as Satin Taupe and the quality of it is so nice, way better than MAC's version because it's so silky and pigmented.

Sophisticated is a cool dark brown with shimmer. Another fantastic quality eyeshadow and I use it mostly in the outer corners

Sexy is a matte burgundy-purple shade. It's very smooth and pigmented, but needs a few layers for an even, fully opaque look because blending takes a lot of it away. I actually wore a smoky eye with this on the lids and loved it. 

Serious is a classic black matte that every palette needs. The quality is nice and it's very black.


ROW 2
Snobby is a yellow-gold shade. I'm not a fan of this one. I do use it sometimes as an inner corner highlighter, but I think it's too yellow for me to use all over the lid. The quality isn't as good as the rest, but still nice enough.

Stand-Offish is a dupe for UD's Sin, so it's a light shimmery pink that looks beautiful as an inner corner highlighter or all-over the lid. It's very soft and pigmented, basically a dream eyeshadow and it's one of my favourite.

Sultry is a matte medium neutral brown. I adore this! The texture is divine and we are talking about a matte eyeshadow. It's so smooth and silky, it blends beautifully  and it very pigmented. The texture is very similar to L'Oreal's L'Ombre Pure 106 Breaking Nude, which is the definition of the perfect matte eyeshadow.

Seductive is a warm gold-brown shade that is similar to UD's Smog, but a bit lighter. It's more like Patina and Smog had a baby, so obviously I love it. It's one of my favourites and the one I wore on my lids the most. The texture is again silky, smooth, pigmented and all in all just a pleasure to use.

Silly is a deep plum with red shimmer. This is the one shade I've very disappointed in. It has poor colour pay-off, doesn't blend as the others and the shimmer is just a bit out of place. I don't know how this landed in this otherwise fantastic palette. It might be just the top layer that behaves that well, but the rest were so soft from the first brush stroke that it's hard to believe only this one behaves so strange.

Sleek is a very deep matte brown. I love that it's in the palette as I use such a shade daily to deepen the outer corners. It's a lovely matte eyeshadow that is nicely pigmented and blends well.

I gave it my best shot, but my camera just doesn't pick up blended gradients. Well at least I tried. I blame it on my phone camera and stupid eyeshape. First pic: Sexy on the lids, Sultry in the crease. Second pic: Seductive on the lids, Sophisticated and Sleek in the outer corner. Stand-Offish in the inner corner at both,

In general the quality is fantastic. It's similar to the Naked palette, with smooth, silky eyeshadows that are very pigmented and blend well. There are a couple of exceptions, most notably Silly, but the colours I love using are fantastic. Staying power is ok, they do crease a bit without a primer after several hours of wear, but with a primer they lasted all day on me, but they did fade a bit.


The packaging is a cardboard one, but it's not as nice as at the Naked palette. The one thing that does bother me is that it gets dirty and you can't really wipe the eyeshadows off. This won't bother most people, but I'm a crazy woman who wants her makeup to look perfect at all times.  There a duo-sided brush included that is pretty much useless because it's too harsh and doesn't pick up eyeshadows well.


I have to say this is the most impressive palette I've tried in a very long time. It's been mostly drugstore for me in these past years and the only high-end palettes I have (and adore) are Urban Decay ones. The quality of eyeshadows in theBalm palette is very similar, maybe even a bit smoother, so I'm very impressed. There are a couple of eyeshadows that are a bit disappointing, but the colours I love are amazing quality. I would prefer some other colours instead of Sassy, Snobby and Silly because that would make it my ultimate perfect palette, but all in all I'm a big fan of it. 


It costs 35.70 € in Slovenia, which is 6 € cheaper than on Feel Unique. I know, my jaw dropped to the floor too. It's like a Christmas miracle. The price per eyeshadow comes at a bit under 3 €, which isn't too bad for such great quality. If you need a neutral eyeshadow palette that offers a great variety of neutral looks, this one is really lovely.  


I was asked if I'd like to maybe present the brand, so I thought why not. Some of you might not be familiar with it, since it's so new to us, but they have these cute retro packaging and clever names, which makes them a really fun brand. I checked Makeup Alley what are the most popular products. I already had their TimeBalm concealer, which is in a pot and has a high level of coverage (more suited for oily skins in my opinion), but I do have my eye on several of their products. I already said that Mary-Lou Manizer (Petra's review) and the Manizer Sisters palette are on wishlist, so that's at the top. I wouldn't mind having Cindy-Lou as well, but Betty-Lou is definitely better suited for people more tan me. Frat Boy is a very popular blush, my fellow blogger Sanja rates it highly as do many others. I got my cousin Bahama Mama bronzer as a replacement for Nars' Laguna and she really liked it. I recently had my eye on Desert Bronzer and Blush, just because it looks like an interesting colour and I hear Hot Mama is similar to Nars' Orgasm. Also highly rated on MUA are Sexy Mama Anti Shine Translucent Powder, Meet Matt(e) Nude Matte Eyeshadow Palette (Nadja's review) and a spinoff of the Nude'tude palette - the Nude'Dude. Personally I'm really looking forward to Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks if they plan to sell them here (I think they do).

Have you tried anything from this brand or do you have anything on your wishlist list?

*PR product

You Might Also Like

33 comments

  1. Čudovito naličena! Mi je embalaža čisto mimo, enkrat sem celo swap naredila za njo in sem jo takoj poslala nazaj zaradi videza :D So mi pa rdečila fascinantna, sploh Frat Boy zaradi Sanje. In pa concealer zaradi tebe :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Ampak proti kaškni Petri in Tayi sem kot največji amater :D
      A zaradi retro slik? Meni so bolj hit-or-miss, sploh tista od kremnih blushev mi je weird.
      Korektor je zelo gost. Za pod očmi meni ni bil všeč, razen če se ga zelo segrela na radiatorju. Za mozolje je pa kul :)

      Izbriši
  2. "but I'm a crazy woman who wants her makeup to look perfect at all times""
    HAHA SAME

    http://blogbyvioleta.blogspot.lt/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. My cousin is the exact opposite of me and every time she comes round with her makeup bag my soul cries :D I always start cleaning her stash :D

      Izbriši
  3. Sem jo že večkrat gledala na netu ampak mislim, da bi imela raje Nude Dude verzijo. Bi mogla pogledati v živo, da se odločim. Imam od njih tudi Mary-Lou Manizer in Balmsai paletko, zaenkrat oboje všeč :) Hvala za link :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Nude'Dude mi je tudi prekrasna kolikor sem gledala po swatchih <3 Bi morala isto kot ti videt v živo katera je lepša.
      Ni za kaj :)

      Izbriši
  4. Yay you did eye makeup! I'm so proud of you (tears in my eye corners) :D Brez heca. Res lepo, da si vključila eye makeup, ker se ga vedno tako braniš :P Prav dobro zgleda, ne vem kaj kompliciraš. Smoky mi je zelo všeč. Sploh Sexy odtenek is so damn sexy. Poleg tega sta mi še zelo všeč Sultry in Seductive. Res odlična pigmentacija. Že odkar gledam to njihovo znamko, so mi palete najbolj zanimive. Poleg luminajzerjev in Bahame Mame.

    Jaz sem dobila Betty in mi je zelo všeč kot bronzer. Je resda šimrast, ampak niti približno tako kot Mary. Zdaj za puste zimske dni je prav fajn met malo šimrastega. Je pa res, da je odtenek precej topel. Dobila sem tudi korektor in ni slab :).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ajoj, modelka no :D Sem dala enega tudi v objavo od Freedom paletke, ampak kasneje, ker sem prej pozabila. Prvi bordo-vijola look izgleda nezblendan because my phone hates me :/.
      Če so vsa njihova senčila taka, then I need more. UD-jeve dvojke in trojke se uspešno branim, ampak tele so pa že dovolj cenejše, da bi upravičila nakup še ene.

      Betty je meni kar scary za mojo polt, čeprav nikoli ne veš :)

      You're welcome :)

      Izbriši
  5. I love this palette. I recently won it in a giveaway and since I have been doting it. The eye shadows are smooth and buttery but I did not like sassy, stand-offish and snobby in this palette as they are too light for me. This palette is perfect for a neutral or a smoky eye look. Great review and pictures:)

    Chaste & Beautiful

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I think it's a wonderful palette, but I would also chuck a few eyeshadows out and switch them with other shades.
      Thank you :)

      Izbriši
  6. Same super uporabne barve, že vidim, da jo nujno rabim! Sploh Sexy odtenek mi je zakon, na tvojih očeh izgleda prekrasno. Sama sem se dolgo izogibala takim rdečkastim barvam, letos pa samo gledam, kje bom kaj podobnega našla. :D (Pa eyeshape sploh ni stupid. Jaz imam "normalne" veke in tudi nikoli ne uspem zajet gradientov. Čist preveč zakomplicirano je fotografirat oči.)
    So pa drugače imeli theBalm pred leti v Nami v LJ, ampak je šel ful hitro iz prodaje, ker ga očitno niso znali oglaševat, pa še na nemogočem mestu za blagajno so imeli police. Upam, da se bo tokrat dlje obdržal. Takrat sem kupila Hot Mama blush in je res podoben Narsovemu, ampak osebno mi je Balmov veliko bolj všeč, da lepši glow. Tudi nad Shady Lady paleto in samostojno senčko sem še vedno navdušena, sem ju ravno pred kratkim spet "odkrila" v predalu. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Vedno sem si želela en tak odtenek kot je Sexy, ampak ker sem vedno kupovala samo cheap verzije, nisem bila nikoli zadovoljna. Tale je big improvement :)
      Meni je res trapasta oblika oči :/ Na drugih z lahkoto naredim spodoben mejkap, na meni izgleda pa čudno.

      A res? Sploh nisem vedela, čeprav Nama je vedno imela tudi take znamke, ki niso nikjer. Kolikor sem videla stojalo na Instagramu mi tudi zdaj izgleda, kot da se ne trudijo dosti. Šla se na Rudnik in se ga enostavno spregledala, pa sem se namenila it prav to pogledat. Vsaj pravi pristop so ubrali z bloggerji. Tisti, ki jih mejkap res zanima in so najboljša ciljna skupina zagotovo berejo bloge :) Pa cene so sprejemljive v primerjavi z drugimi državami :)

      Izbriši
  7. This looks so good and it's kinda hard to believe that it's way more affordable than UD palettes! I haven't tried anything from The Balm because it is still more on the higher price side in my country, but I have so many of their products on my wishlist. Like this palette, the balm jovi, meet matte nudes, the manizers, also the meet matte hughes lipsticks as well! Hopefully I can get them all soon :D

    Sitha | lemmeswatchit.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I was so sure it's the same price as UD's Naked, but I'm pleasantly surprised it's cheaper. The highlighters here are 23 €, which isn't cheap, but I find it easier to justify a higher price for an eyesahadow palette, since you get so much more. My wishlist got longer as well ever since I first tried this palette. The quality blew me away :)

      Izbriši
  8. čist lepa je:), čeprav sem bolj za nude so mi barve, ki jih ima uporabne, sploh tale odtenek sexyje res noro pigmentiran. Sej včasih kupujem in kopujemo neke bl poceni stvari, ki veš da ne bodo presežek in se potolažiš, da je ok, pol pa dobiš eno noro pigmentirano paletko in vidiš, da lahka pol stvari vržes stran, ker senemore priemrjat z njimi. Jaz imam toliko palet, pa si v resnici želim samo ene Naked ali pa mogoče Zoevine so mi tudi lepe. Imam lonček od marmelade za tovrtne stavri mogoče v prihodnje kj našparam:). Drgače mi je tudi ta paletka zanimiva, me pa vseeno bolj mika Mary-Lou Manizer, ker non stop poslušam o njem. Sicer Vem, da ga ne bi nosila vsak dan, ampak mogoče bi pa naredil čudež ob dnevih ko zgedam čist zanič:). P. super si se naličla, meni se dogaja da druge tako lepo naličim, ko se lotim svojih vek, kr neki, al je preveč visoko, ni na obeh koncih isto, ugl. zmeda:),če že rata:) in hočem poslikat, spet druga zgodba, zato mislim, da je Petra carica, ker naredi identičen makeup na obeh vekah in vedno tako lepega.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Sexy je zagotovo najbolj pigmentiran tak odtenek, ki sem ga našla. Ko sem prvič hotela tak odtenek sem kupila eno LE Manhattan paletko in je bil total crap, res samo za stran vržt, pa tudi ni bila extra poceni glede na to da je bila 5 € za 2 senčili. Mene npr. MR-jeve paletke sploh ne ganejo, medtem ko UD-jeve ves čas uporabljam, pa zdaj to. Čeprav zdaj sem nazadnje sprobala nove Essence paletke v trgovini in so me ful presenetile. Bom kakšno vzela, zihr.
      Mary-Lou res upam, da en dan dobim. Predolgo je že na wishlisti :D

      Hvala :) Pri meni pač ne bo nikoli izgledalo tako kot na večini, ker nimam pravega "crease" zaradi hooded eyes. Je skoraj pointeless, da se matram z več barvami, ampak če mam veselje :D Petra pa Tatjana so uno extra kul modelke :D

      Izbriši
  9. Odtenek Sexy je res zelo, zelo sexy. <3 Bi imela paleto že zaradi tega odtenka, čeprav so tudi drugi ful lepi. :P
    Pa všeč sta mi tvoja očesna looka, sploh prvi z odtenkom Sexy. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Oooo, čudovita paletka in barve so fantastične. Totally my colors. ALSO, krasen MU!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Nude'Dude tudi krasna, če si jo že videla :)
      Hvala :D

      Izbriši
  11. To paletko sem imela dolgo na WL in jo končno kupila...ampak potem mi sploh niso bili všeč enaki odtenki kot tebi, za Silly pa je bila tudi moja prva misel, kaj sploh dela v tej paletki... in sem jo preprosto nehala uporabljat, ker mi ni navdušila kot celota, glede na to da sem za njo plačala več kot bi navadno za senčila :/ Ampak so me tvoji prekrasni makeupi prepričali, da jo spet začnem, ker si ostale odtenke super povezala :D Mislim pa da mi je Nude dude dosti bolj všeč, se mi zdi bol povezana barvno..ampak sem nekje prebrala, da je kvaliteta nekoliko slabša

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh, škoda :( Upam, da jo vseeno začneš spet uporabljat, meni so barve res všeč, mogoče ima kaj zveze s tem, da imam nevtralni podton in sive oči. Nude'Dude pa tudi mene zdaj mika odkar mi jo je Nadja omenila :)

      Izbriši
  12. Sexy really is the showstopper in this palette for me, such a gorgeous shade! Love the colors, very fall-appropriate.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I agree, though I'm actually a bigger fan of Seductive, just because it's easier to wear :) I actually plan to include it in my autumn picks post :)

      Izbriši
  13. This palette cost 29,95 eur in one big online shop here in Slovakia :) I couldn´t believe something is cheaper here. Miracle. I have Hot mama blush and I love it. I was using it all summer (3-4 months in a row). I am not planning to buy anything else from TheBalm unless I see it in person. Then maybe I fall in love with other products as well :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. That's very reasonable :) I have yet to see their stuff in person. I went to the shop with the intention of find their stand and happened to miss it entirely :D

      Izbriši
  14. Such a nice palette! Plus your makeup look is very pretty! xoxo

    Visit me: http://naturallymarcela.blogspot.si/2015/09/high-end-lipstick-1.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Joj, res je lepa, samo Snobby mi je pa čisto mimo. Zakaj so ga tako rumenega naredili? -.-
    Sem pa jaz tudi v pričakovanju teh liquid lipsticks, pa njihov eyeshadow primer me zelo mika, ker mi bo počasi zmanjkalo UD testerčkov, hmm.. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Snobby res ne paše zraven :/ Liquid Lipsticks so mi zadeli z odtenki, so mi praktično vsi všeč na swatchih od drugih :)

      Izbriši
  16. Joj, kako je lušna embalaža! Ponavadi me senčila ne ganejo preveč, ampak tole bi imela že samo zaradi embalaže =). A v vseh Millerjuh je na voljo? Morem še v živo pogledati =).
    Tvoje MU slike pa popolnoma občudujem, res so čudovite. Sem samo enkrat probala poslikati MU in sem po 500+ slikah obupala =).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. theBalm je za zdaj samo v Müllerjih Supernova-Rudnik, Maribor in Citycenter Celje, ampak če prav predvidevam, naj bi bil (kmalu) še v Kopru in Novi Gorici. Natalija je poslikala celo stojalo na Rudniku: https://instagram.com/p/7cSzdBzdEq/?tagged=thebalmslovenija

      O hvala :) Mi tvoja pohvala veliko pomeni, ker me je bila kar malo sram dat te slike gor, ker meni se zdi preslabo zblendano, no vsaj fotoaparat je tako pobral.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE