Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipstick Darling

sobota, december 12, 2015


These lipsticks have been on my wishlist for quite a while, well the shade Passion that is. I've heard so many good things about them and as a fan of matte finishes, I always get excited when I find a new matte lip product. I got this shade as a part of my blogging on Click2Chic and it's my first ever Milani product, but it's one of the newest ones that were added recently to their original selection of shades. I have to say I'm very impressed. I loved this lipstick from the first time I used it and I'd love to have more colours. I already included this lipstick in my November favourites.


Colour: The colour is beautiful and it reminds me of one of my favourite lip pencil Catrice's I got you Babel, in fact they are a really good match to use together. It's a medium peachy-pink with a gorgeous matte finish. The finish is a true matte one, though not exactly as at some lip creams, but one of the best ones when it comes to classic lipsticks  and I just love it. 


Texture: The formula is thick, as it's standard for matte lipsticks, but feels creamy when you apply it, though not in a moisturising way, rather in that smooth silicone way. Jordana and Milani are apparently sister brands I hear and the texture is similar to Jordana's original matte lipsticks, but even better. It doesn't dry my lips, but I don't feel like it's moisturising. I think this is my favourite matte formula so far in terms of how it applies, looks and feels on the lips.


Staying power: Since it's a matte lipstick with a thick formula this manages to cling on a lot better than most such light shades. I can't say in hours because I never check these things, but it's good.


Packaging: Light plastic packaging that is painted with a very convincing metallic colour, so the packaging looks a lot more expensive than how it feels. The end has a neat colour cube that lets you know what colour is inside.


Scent: It has a light vanilla scent.

Price and availability: Mine is from Click2Chic were it's 6.83 €. It's 5.56 € on Milani.eu site and £5.00 on Beauty Crown, which both ship to Europe. It's 6 $ on the official US site.


I truly love this lipstick. I love the colour, the formula is spectacular and it's properly matte plus staying power is great for such a shade. I would love to have more shades of these, I have my heart set on Flirty, Confident and Passion. Currently there are four shades I just reach for any occasion: Kiko's Lavish Lipstick in 01 Lusty Peony, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet 07 Nude-ist, Mac's D for Danger and this one, though I reach for this one the most.  

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Zelo lep odtenek, tega bi pa (celo, čeprav je svetla šminka) še jaz nosila :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Na večini bi bil verjetno še svetlejši odtenek :) Je pa res krasen :)

      Izbriši
  2. Oh! it looks lovely on you and the color is gorgeously corally pink which I look forward to in lipsticks. Lovely swatches!

    Chaste & Beautiful

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Yessss! I love a color like this, looks so pretty.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE