Essence The Gel Nail Polish 37 Serendipity

petek, marec 18, 2016


Serendipity has been on my wishlist for the longest time, but I always either just forgot to pick it up or intentionally avoided it because I don't want to spend money on a nail polish that I may not wear often, even though it's cheap. I don't have many similar shades, since I mostly stick to mints, reds and nudes, but I loving these modern greyish type of colours lately.


Serendipity is a mix of a pastel violet and grey. On me the violet tones are prevailing, which is expected considering my skin tone always emphasizes anything purple. It's a lovely colour that has both a autumnal and spring vibe, and it looks very modern, as well as polished on the nails.


The formula is a gel one, but very thick and more difficult to control that others I've tried (including shades from this line). It needs two coats for an even finish. It's opaque with one, but not even, so it needs fixing. I can't apply this without making a proper mess, but I just clean it up later. The wide brush doesn't help either as it's already a bit too big for my nails. The finish is typically nicely glossy as at other gel formulas. 

I got mine in Müller for 1.69 €.

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Today I wear no. 400 from Trend it Up. It is a quite simular nailpolish color, but a little bit more tranclucent and I think more like the bright and fairieish pantone color.
    LG Blunia

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I assume you're from Germany? So jealous you have Trend it up there :) 400 looks to me exactly as you described and it's beautiful :)

      Izbriši
  2. Fuuul je lep, takšne barve so perfect zame <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Res je lep, ampak meni je Essence Termo lak The Ice is Melting lepši, ker je bolj siv :)

      Izbriši
  3. I just read a tip that said if you pop your nail polish in the fridge for 15 minutes before you paint, it will make the formula smoother to apply. I haven't tried that yet because I literally just read it before your post, but maybe it will help with gluggy formulas like this one?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I remember reading this trick several times, but I never tried it either. Maybe it could work :)

      Izbriši
  4. It is a really pretty color! I have a bit similar one from Essie called Petal Pushers, now I regret for not checking Essence choices - would have saved some money ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah, Petal Pusher looks somewhat similar, maybe a bit darker and greyer from what I can see on internet swatches :) Essence has lovely nail polishes for the price, but I'm often unimpressed by their shade range, while at Essie there are so many pretty colours :)

      Izbriši
  5. Tale odtenek mi je ful lep :) Ampak me je pa precej razočarala na splošno The Gel formula, mi je bila veliko bolj ušeč color&go, ker so bili laki manj gosti.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Več kot jih kupujem, manj sem navdušena nad formulo. Pri 13 Forgive me in 50 I Feel Good je res dobra, ampak pri Serendipity in 63 itsy bitsy blue bikini pa res težka za z njo delat. Sploh zadnji je obupen.

      Izbriši
  6. Jaz ga imam tudi in mi je prečudovit <3 xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Gorgeous grey. I love muted grey nail shades.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Čudovita barva, sicer jih imam že za celo zbirko sivo- sivkinih, ampak mislim da se jim bo tale kmalu pridružil ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I'm in love with this colour and never even thought to look at Essence to see if they did it! Definitely gonna be purchasing this tomorrow!!

    http://siobhanmarie94.blogspot.co.uk

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Tega pa jaz tudi pogosto nosim, pravi lepotec je <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE