Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme Gorgeous

četrtek, marec 03, 2016


Matte lip creams are my favourite makeup products and I get so excited every time I try a new one. Amore Matte Lip Creams were on my wishlist since they launched, though the first ones were actually meant as limited edition. Due to popularity, they've since released a permanent line, but the colours and names are different, they also changed the formula as well. I haven't tried the first version of the formula and this shade that I have, Gorgeous, is a part of the new permanent line, so I can't compare them, but I heard not everyone was happy with the changes they made. If you intend to Google these for swatches, keep in mind that most of those shades aren't available any more.


Texture: This is a very pigmented and creamy lip cream, most similar to Essence Stay Matte ones, including in terms of scent, but these set within a minute or so to a perfect velvet matte finish. They set so fast, I didn't even have a chance to snap my traditional before/after picture of it turning into a matte finish. It can transfer, but only in traces. It dries to this uniform layer on the lips, so it can feel uncomfortable if your lips are often dry. I found these ok to wear and didn't experience any discomfort whatsoever, but I gave it to my friend to try and she started complaining about how tight and dry it feels on her lips.


Colour: The colour could hardly be more me, so naturally I love it. I literally squealed from excitement when I first put it on because it's so stunning in person. It's described by Milani as raspberry wine and I think that is the best description of it. It's a magenta-red-purple shade - bright, but deep. I don't have a dupe, but it's in the same colour family as Mac's D for Danger and Essence Stay Matte in Berry Smoothie. 

Nude'dude palette on the eyes (Flirty on the lid, Friendly in the outer corners), Max Factor Creme Puff Lavish Mauve on the cheeks.

Staying power: Matte lip creams tend to outlast regular lipsticks, especially such as this one with a proper matte finish. Amore is another long-lasting one, in fact I had such a hard time scrubbing off the swatch and needed an oily remover. Oily food will break it down and since it's a bright shade, patches will be visible in that case. Though it doesn't transfer, it can still smudge sometimes, but not a lot. 


Scent: It has a gentle vanilla fruity scent. It's the same as at the discontinued Essence Stay Matte lip creams.

Packaging: A square plastic tube with a doe foot applicator. I love the gold cap, it makes it look more expensive than it is.

Price and availability: Mine is from Click2Chic (I got it for the purposes of swatching for their shop, I chose the colour myself) and it costs 9.96 €. The price is about the same in other places, international readers can find these on official Milani websites (USA and EU) and on Beauty Joint.

I adore the colour of this one, it's one of the most stunning shades ever and I like this one in general, especially because it has a fantastic matte finish, although it sometimes doesn't wear the nicest, but that's more connected with what you eat and do. If you have dry lips, I suspect you won't like these (maybe try their Moisture Matte lipsticks instead, they are fabulous), but if you're like me, you might enjoy these and I actually wouldn't mind having more of these.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. The shade is definitely gorgeous :) That's totally my type of colour :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Prečudovita, prav tako tudi odtenek. Zelo ti pristaja! xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. goregous shade, looks good on you

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. This lipstick was made for you; its such a beautiful shade. I need to try it
    As always, I love your photography.

    themakeupleague.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Beautiful shade! I really want to try these x

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Prekrasna ti in prekrasna šminka �� Tale gre naravnost na wishlisto ;)
    Xoxo, Nyx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala <3 Čudovit odtenek je, ne bo ti žal, če ga kdaj vzameš :)

      Izbriši
  7. Ta odtenek bi se lahko imenoval kar Matte-ja :D Looks gorgeous on you! <3 Res pravi odtenek zate. Prav vse na tebi poživi. Včasih je kar težko najti take zanimive odtenke...sploh v naših drogerijah, kjer so bolj kot ne samo tipični nosljivi odtenki.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Omg, kero awesome ime :D I love it! Hvala <3 Take barve res obožujem, ampak mislim, da imam samo MATTraction v podobnem odtenku, da se dobi pri nas. Imaš prav, pri nas so večinoma bolj standardni odtenki.

      Izbriši
  8. I literally gasped a little when I saw the lipswatch photo. This shade was MADE for you, my goodness! Absolutely gorgeous!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Yes, I am seeing these lip creams in many blogs and I must say their finish is exceptionally good. Even if they feel like cement on my lips, I would love to wear them just because of their velvety guise. I would love to pick up Adore, Lust and Beloved but I'm afraid they might be unavailable or limited editions.

    Chaste & Beautiful

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes, the finish is fantastic :) Those shades don't exist any more, but Adorable is similar to Adore, Precious to Lust and Loved to Beloved. Check comparison swatches of the new vs. old shades here: http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.si/2016/01/milani-amore-matte-lip-cremes-original.html

      Izbriši
  10. I love the finish of these lippies, and I'd go for the lighter shades. The color you are wearing looks pretty nice on you, but it would be too harsh for me.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Precious looks really nice from the light shades, Adorable as well :) And thank you :)

      Izbriši
  11. This truly is stunning on you! The finish looks so smooth and flawless, like true velvet.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you :) Yes, the finish is pretty much perfect in my books and I really appreciate that it sets so fast :)

      Izbriši
  12. I've got only one word - WOW. The pigmentation is stunning.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Reminds me of KatVonD Bauhau5 <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE